Sunday

what is satisfaction? fulfillment? being in each moment?

Unsatisfied wishes are the driving power behind fantasies; every separate fantasy contains the fulfillment of a wish, and improves on unsatisfactory reality.
Freud ("The Relation of the Poet to Day-Dreaming)

Most of my life has been spent enriching as well as I could the long, long waiting for the great events which fill me now so deeply that I am overwhelmed. Now I understand the terrific restlessness, the tragic sense of failure, the deep discontent. I was waiting. This is the hour of expansion, of true living. All the rest was a preparation. Thirty years of anguished watchfulness. And now these are the days I lived for. And to be aware of this, so fully aware, this is what is almost humanly unbearable. Human beings cannot bear the knowledge of the future. To me, the knowledge of the present is just as dazzling. To be so acutely rich and to know it!"
Anais Nin ("Henry and June")

But this is literature--it isn't mine.

synonyms long, yearn, hanker, pine, hunger, thirst mean to have a strong desire for something. long implies a wishing with one's whole heart and often a striving to attain . yearn suggests an eager, restless, or painful longing . hanker suggests the uneasy promptings of unsatisfied appetite or desire . pine implies a languishing or a fruitless longing for what is impossible . hunger and thirst imply an insistent or impatient craving or a compelling need
MerriamWebster

No comments: