Saturday

oh i love her for the first time in my life

((the latest from my Favorite))

[there is no title currently]
You’re good at names.
You call me things like eclipse
but I’ll accuse you of nothing. I’ll be
your hallucination. But

let me warn you:
I’ve got a pretty voice.

And since you’re always saying things
like the girl is innocent as a porcelain doll
at least snap me
like an eye to a rubber band. You’re

afraid. I’ve got
fingernails. And I can chew
the stems of roses like stained
cigarettes; count stories backwards
in my sleep.

I know. I’m a raindrop. A
sugar cube. And you’re always saying things

like want to dance? or
maybe smile? You think I’d shy from you
and the soft mouth of branches on the window.
Farryl Last

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god. this is so fucking ...i dont even know the adjective.

wow.

-kate monster