Sunday

and nobody knows but me

He That Loves A Rosy Cheek
He that loves a rosy cheek,
Or a coral lip admires,
Or from star-like eyes doth seek
Fuel to maintain his fires:
As old Time makes these decay,
So his flames must waste away.

But a smooth and steadfast mind,
Gentle thoughts, and calm desires,
Hearts with equal love combined,
Kindle never-dying fires:
Where these are not, I despise
Lovely cheeks or lips or eyes.
Thomas Carew

His cheeks are perpetually rosy, suggestive, authentically or not, of modesty and sweetness.
If I kneel down to bring my ear close, I can hear it, it sounds literally pure, as if their lungs were filled with pristine weddinggown satin.
Julia Glass

‘When I write about you, I will have to write of you as an angel. I cannot put you on a bed.’
‘But I don’t behave like an angel. You know I don’t.’
‘I know, yes, I know. You’ve tired me out these past days. You’re a sensual angel, but you’re an angel just the same. Your sensuality doesn’t convince me.’
‘I’ll punish you for that,’ I said. ‘From now on I’ll behave like an angel.’
Anais

Pierre mumbled after a moment and, oddly enough, he blushed, which made him resemble a freshly fallen angel.
James Baldwin

Of course. Of course. You see it; you know.

What if I leave it for you to read (all in envelopes)....



for I carry away no secrets.
Anais

No comments: