Tuesday

i miss my beautiful friend

Yes, the thing that you prefer to all others,
you love,
and he was fonder of her than anything else in the world.
Simone de Beauvoir

It is terrifying for the turning of your world to depend upon someone else.
As far as I'm concerned, and the more closely entangled I become with the outside world,
loving someone else
is really the only enduring breath to live by--not that it is the only thing there is, but the
only real thing, despite its illusory skin.
It has been easy for you to call me naive; I do not deny cruelty and manipulation and sad separation between us--I do not deny how sad things are a lot of the time. It's that I want to hope.
And frankly, the only hope I still hold is tied up in love--tangled and diaphanous.

[[What is the thing you prefer to all else?]]


"Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves."


There was no room in them for fear, for anguish; together, they were hoping.
de Beauvoir

1 comment:

natalia said...

WHAT A HARD QUESTIONNN!!!!