Monday

I used to see a weeping willow, cryin' on his pillow

Me, I'm a part of your circle of friends
and we notice you don't come around
Me, I think it all depends on you
touching ground with us. But,

I quit. I give up. Nothing's good enough for

anybody else
it seems. And I quit. I give up. Nothing's good enough for anybody else it seems.
And being alone is the best way to be.
When I'm by myself it's the best way to be.
When I'm all alone it's the best way to be.
When I'm by myself nobody else can say...
Edie Brickell



I bet you could never tell
That I knew you didn't know me that well
It is my fault you see
You never learned that much from me
...
I bet your fortressed face
Belied your fort of lace
It is by the grace of me
You never learned what I could see
Fiona Apple

i do all my bad habits in private<<

prone to self destructive ten

dons- snap rip click-

like trying the same over & over though i

know it leads nowhere and it

doesn't matter atall if you find this

doubtful, I believe, which is

sufficient:

that much awareness drives a girl crazy.

less interested am I now in how many paintings I've

drained for you and

more shrieking-taloned-angry at how many

I have lost on myself.

I repeat: fuerzafuerzafuerza

but remain Skittered Scared Small, Sinking, Slowly

(i didn't want to be the perfect one but it was hard to stop trying, being that it was my very only and many times self-sung bedtime sonnet; my first word was "stuck" and it's time for the End of Indecision what a silly rhyme to go on continue keep repeating)

spend some time

not waitingwatching for me to fall

down, bump my head (and didn't get up in the

morning)

I at least know better now to have this

conversation with myself--not with you, you are

a ghost of even my most

savage dream and

yes,

I really do mean that.

you can't be trusted, you with your jilted

laugh that betrays your babyteeth:

I knew it.

No comments: